Wednesday 14 August 2013

In the Kitchen, At Home

I've heard many ridiculous accounts of English food. Some people say it's too plain, some people say it's bland. In my opinion they are very mistaken. Having lived in Kent for extended periods of time I have found my delights in the local cuisine. Simple is better. Fresh is best. 

For breakfast I have cereal and fresh fruit or berries and for lunch I have a sandwich or salad made with the best cheese on earth (to my knowledge). It's strong and tasteful, yummy enough to have in a salad with strawberries and beetroot both. I love this country kitchen.

Megan's Special Cheese & Beetroot Sandwich

Fair amounts of:
Crusty bread
Utterly Butterly spread
Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese (Cathedral City is best)
Sliced beetroot 
Lettuce gems 


No comments :