Thursday 10 October 2013

Wanderlust // Orcas Island, WA

This morning I woke, as I always do, dreaming of a far away land ... it's wanderlust. A couple months ago I watched Your Sister's Sister, and fell in love with the setting. Orcas Island is in the San Juans, a group of islands located at the top of Puget Sound, halfway between Seattle and Vancouver, Canada. Seeing as I live in Washington State and never been, I think it's about time. Seems like the perfect place for just about any type of getaway whether it be a girls weekend, romantic holiday or family retreat. 


a bit of island inspiration ...

An amazing home on the island // photo via adorable-home.com
Image via liftopia.com
Ferry docks here // image via Wikipedia page
Island residents // unknown source 
Image via orcasislandwhalewatchingtours.com
Unknown source

//
& here's where I'd love to stay:

The Gnome House Chalet, Deer Harbor




1 comment :

Rosie said...

Those photos of the whales are amazing! I'd love love love to go whale watching, it's one of my life to-dos!